Lighting Hire

Nick LX

How much would you expect to pay for this. I have been given this quotation..: (this is one night hire on a Friday and I will be picking up and dropping off)

4 x I Rocks. @ £20.00 each. Total £80.00.

4 x MAC 300 Wash Lights. @ £70.00 each. Total £280.00.

1 x Star Haze machine. @ £50.00.

1 x Peasouper Dry Ice Machine. @ £45.00

2 x 3ft LED Batterns. @ £25.00 each. Total £50.00.

4 x Powerdrive Stands and Big Ben Clamps and Two 10ft Barrels. @ £6.00 each. Total £24.00.

Cables. @ £20.00.

Masterpeice 108. @ £75.00.

Also what hire shops are there close to Wimbledon. I have come across LHS and White Light already.

Thanks

Essential would most probably be beyond that price range for any of this kit.

LHS may be able to provide most of that, though may struggle with the LED batterns and the I Rocks.

White Light do not own any I Rocks and may struggle with the Masterpiece.

I doubt you would get all of the cabling and distro from any of these companies for only £20.

Please not all of the above is just from memory and I do not represent any of the above companies. No online advice is a substitute for picking up the phone.

I would suggest that the quote you have seems quite reasonable.

How much would you expect to pay for this. I have been given this quotation..: (this is one night hire on a Friday and I will be picking up and dropping off)

4 x MAC 300 Wash Lights. @ £70.00 each. Total £280.00.

(My bold)

I think that £70 for one night is exeptionally expensive for a MAC 300!

I recently found this website with pretty good rates of hire. I havn't actually used them but they are the cheapest I have seen.

The do MAC 500/600s for £65 a week and MAC 250 Washes for £45 a week.

With your £280 allocated for the MAC 300s for a day you could hire 6 Martin MAC 250s for a week and have money spare!

A couple of observations...

1) Posting a break down of each item isn't really going to help. Any hire company will look at the whole package and base any discount on the bottom line. That discount might then be applied as a bottom line percentage or they might discount some items in the package more than others to bring the overall price down.

2) You'll get the best discounts if you build up a relationship with, and stick to, one supplier. Whilst it doesn't hurt to have a look around from time to time to make sure they are still competitive no company is going to give you their best prices if they don't expect repeat business from you.

Archived