Martin 218's???

livewireyoutH

Hi we have just been given some 218's for our project and having fired them up they really dont seem very bright?? one can see the bulb lite and if changing through programmes but its really hard to see the light beams? Is there a setting that will increase the brightness or is this as good as it gets with them>

All the best

Andy

really dont seem very bright??

Ignoring your proclivity for multiple punctuation and poor grammar and spelling: compared to what? What does "very bright" mean to you? They are not a very impressive fixture to begin with, but in addition to niclights suggestions, also check that the shutter is opening all the way; if it's half way into the gate, it will most certainly look lousy.

-w

I'd expect only some of them to have sticky shutter blades: If they're all equally dim the chances of them all having the same fault are minimal.

After you've gone through nic's check list (and any fixture there age would benefit from having it's optics cleaned) you'll find they're not overly bright anyway. Not useless, but definitely not that bright.

Hi Nic thanks for the info will get cleaning and see what happens.

All the best

Andy

Clean all optics.

Replace lamp.

Hot-spot lamp (adjusts location within reflector).

All are equally important!

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Thanks Woody for your helpful and friendly reply, I'm sure we will become the very best of friends.

All the best

Andy

really dont seem very bright??

Ignoring your proclivity for multiple punctuation and poor grammar and spelling: compared to what? What does "very bright" mean to you? They are not a very impressive fixture to begin with, but in addition to niclights suggestions, also check that the shutter is opening all the way; if it's half way into the gate, it will most certainly look lousy.

-w

Hi Josh thanks for that, I'll add that to my list of things to check, better download a manual and see what's what.

All the best

Andy

They also have a dimmer so check that they are fully open.

Josh

Hi Mate thanks for that, interestingly, we have 3 x Mad dj series scanners which also dont seem to be working, when I looked at the obvious non of them had fuses which is worrying, I guess the saying, theres no such thing as a free lunch is true :unsure:)

All the best

Andy

I'd expect only some of them to have sticky shutter blades: If they're all equally dim the chances of them all having the same fault are minimal.

After you've gone through nic's check list (and any fixture there age would benefit from having it's optics cleaned) you'll find they're not overly bright anyway. Not useless, but definitely not that bright.

Thanks Woody for your helpful and friendly reply, I'm sure we will become the very best of friends.

If you have at all read this board prior your initial post, you would have seen that we have a very low tolerance for text-speak, people to lazy to spell check, and lack (or abundance) of punctuation. It's not me being a jerk, it's me pointing out (not so subtly) that, as a community, we have a standard to posting.

As to my suggestion, it's the same thing Josh repeated; same thing, different name.

-w

Fair play, my apologies

All the best

Andy

If you have at all read this board prior your initial post, you would have seen that we have a very low tolerance for text-speak, people to lazy to spell check, and lack (or abundance) of punctuation. It's not me being a jerk, it's me pointing out (not so subtly) that, as a community, we have a standard to posting.

As to my suggestion, it's the same thing Josh repeated; same thing, different name.

-w

Archived