Par 16 Birdies

Guest joewhite903

Guest joewhite903
Hi all, Im doing an install in an Reception, were putting in 24 Martin Alien 05's and 8 Par 16 Birdies. What im wondering what is the best way for us to attach The par 16 Birdies (240v) to the upsidedown Trilite, they will be permanent and ideally we dont want to see a clamp. Plus what type of mains connector should we use as at the moment were using IEC but that is quite large for a small lamp, Thanks

If you haven't bought the trilite yet, you may be able to get the trilite with power track in, then mount and power the birdies off the power track.

Also gives you the option of sliding the birdies around if you ever need to.

Not sure whether the powered trilite would support a Martin Alien, but optikinetics are helpful people, give them a ring and ask.

Hi all, Im doing an install in an Reception, were putting in 24 Martin Alien 05's and 8 Par 16 Birdies. What im wondering what is the best way for us to attach The par 16 Birdies (240v) to the upsidedown Trilite, they will be permanent and ideally we dont want to see a clamp. Plus what type of mains connector should we use as at the moment were using IEC but that is quite large for a small lamp, Thanks

Another idea joe - also from CPC , thought about getting the GU10 LED lamps for the birdies?

ive just bitten the bullet and replaced all my birdy lamps for LED ones and I must say am suitably impressed. Ok , so the C.T is different, but the benefit of not burning your fingers when focusing is good!!

- and ive also bought them for my kitchen fittings as well!! 1.2W each! !! better on the leccy bill!!

Another idea joe - also from CPC , thought about getting the GU10 LED lamps for the birdies?

You would need to have these coupled to a switch pack as they are not dimmable (or if your dimmers have the function program them to switch)

You would need to have these coupled to a switch pack as they are not dimmable (or if your dimmers have the function program them to switch)
Ah yes , sorry Joe - forgot to mention that , but in any case just for reception area lighting , that's not an issue anyway I wouldn't have thought!!

- or the kitchen!!!

Slightly OT re GU10 LED replacement:

I notice they say 'Pro-lite' although I know of them as 'Brilliance'.

Which ones are you using? I have some of the 3W warm white and thought them insufficient for public area illumination (as replacement for 20W halogen). I find it hard to justify cost on 4W and above except solely for environmental. It doesn't really add up purely on running cost, certainly not for large numbers.

Also I found them very directional although I know the beam angles vary greatly depending on power/type (according to Brilliance site) and found this made them unsuitable in the home.

It should be noted, in reference to birdies, that they are not the same length as standard halogen GU10 lamps & don't quite fit properly in ones I have (DTS). Obviously this will vary depending on manufacturer, but it is a typical problem with these LED replacements. For the same reason they may or may not fit other fittings.

Guest joewhite903

Thanks guys, really should have mentioned the Alien 05's are all around the room in the ceiling and some in the skylights behind frosted glass. The Trilite is already up two sections off 2m placed apart as a feature in the middle of the room (in which we will be placing 4 birdies on each with standard 240v Gu10 dichros, plus 1 martin logo projector.

We have run to each piece of trilite a length of multi core to give us 4 channels on each bar with birdies wired in lots of twos to allow us to add two other items at a later date. other end will be a hard wired 1U 8way switch pack, thanks

Archived