RCF TT+

fatfrog

My guvnors just bought 16 x TT25SMA wedges ...... used them for the 1st time on Sunday ......... very, very, classy and we were all completely bowled over by them - including the FOH and Monitor engineers, who are world class ( not at liberty to name drop but they regularly work for Macca / Elton ) ............ their size / weight / profile are superb. The client absolutely loved them and so did his band. They bought some line array too - cant wait to fire that up !!!

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that, remind me to buy you a ice cream when I next see you down at Event......

• 3 weeks later...

Having heard some great reviews...

We're hiring 4 stacks of RCF TT22A & RCF TTS18A from Team Valley for an all-week marquee gig; an Awards Night, a Student Graduation Night, a Staff Party(!) free-bar(!!!) and an all-day band festival (2 stages - rock-a-billy to metal) in the next fortnight. Looking forward to mixing on it. I'll give a review back! Also using another 4 tops for some delays/repeaters for the speech bits.

We were going to hire an M7CL but for not much more money we're going to upgrade our 01V96 with some ADA8000s and a MY-16AT card - only really for this gig... getting a real M7CL in a few months. :lock:

Adam

I'm going to Stage Electrics next week for a demo of RCF systems. Looking forward to it.

Which branch and at what time?

Rich

London, Long Lane. Not exactly sure when as they are waiting for the kit to arrive.

Rich - Should I pm you when I know ?

Having heard some great reviews...

We're hiring 4 stacks of RCF TT22A & RCF TTS18A from Team Valley for an all-week marquee gig; an Awards Night

Adam

That would be our rig then! Its well looked after, treated a bit like a god in our warehouse, so let us know what you think of it as we all love it to bits.

I'm going to Stage Electrics next week for a demo of RCF systems. Looking forward to it.

Which branch and at what time?

Rich

Rich - Should I pm you when I know ?

Unfortunatly I carnt be of any help, I was going to say I will do the demo personally for you if you were up north but I guess not.

Yes well at the minut only two of the branches are operating with the TT rigs, us being one of them so im not sure what the situation is with the other branches as we just use some of our hire rig to do the demos.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Rich

So hiring one to familiarise yourself with it isn't a good idea then?

You mean the desk? I've used an M7 before - that's why I specc'ed one for our new build. We could use the 01V96 for a separate monitor desk/portable recording front end/...etc

Thanks Rich! I'll let you know what I reckon in a couple of weeks...

Give mine and Drew's best to Jonny - he's been great helping us arrange these gigs.

• 3 years later...

Hi there all,

I am new to this forum but have enjoyed the resources it offers as I've been building up my kit collection over the last few years.

Just wanted to mention some subs I've been using on my bigger events which I've found to be very capable and would sit well with the TT equipment: the dB technologies DVA s09 sub.

15" 1k amp 134db max spl 37.5kg in a nutshell. I have 4 of them.

I've run these 4 as a ground stack under a pair of hired RCF TT25A's in an indoor event for around 800 people and the sound was impressive. I ran the rig through a Driverack PX and set the crossover at 100hz.

The standard coupling rules applied to this setup makes it 140dB max peak output from the 4 bins which worked well with the TTs. The real beauty of it is that the boxes are easy to move around for one person thanks to their weight.

The only negative thing I have to say is that the overall sound is more punchy than genuinely bassy, but I still found the overall effect to be very nice.

I have a set of DB Tech Flexsys F315s (1k 3 way design) which I use as my largest configuration groundstack and set it up the same way. This sounds really nice as well but the HF design is a little limited for the largest crowds I see (15/6/1 design). There is no real benefit from 1000hz up to using the Flexsys speakers over the other decent tops I have- RCF 722AS's, but the dBs can put out a little more bottom end.

The DVA subs are also designed for use in the line array config so could be scaleable for the right user, although I've not ventured in to running a line array yet.

Thanks 2 everyone for their considered opinions!

Archived