2 pole 4 pole speakon

timtheenchanteruk

really quick one, and probably a really stupid question.

I have a couple of amps with speakons, and at the moment I have a 4 pole speakon with only the 1 set of terminals used, will the 2 pole speakons work?

I have tried a search but not got an answer yet!

You can run 2core speaker cable into a 4pole connector noramally you just connect it to -1 & +1 unless its coming for a sub to a top in most cases its on -2 & +2 of the speakon

personally I always make 4 core cable and then just have a 4-2 converter if needs be. I use alot of combiners and pin swaps. makes cable runs alot faster.

I know a little of topic but thought I throw I size 13's and and drop my 2p

I went 2 pole for my first Speakon connectors, as that was all that was needed, but quickly regretted it and changed to 4 pole.

As others have pointed out, there isn't 100% compatibility between plugs & sockets, albeit for good reason. And the 2 pole ones are just too fiddly to insert & remove compared with the 4 pole jobbies.

A stitch in time...

We use both types but use NL2 on 2-core cables and NL4 on the 4-core ones - just so you can quickly tell the type of cable you are using.

Steve

I think Steve has made a good point about using 2core on NL2's etc but then again us could always us coloured tape of cables to identify differnent cores!

Hope im not teachin yer to suck eggs but

you can detach the plastic 'tripod' style

strain relief from the main body in a 2 pole

just remember to thread cable through before

attaching

if you new this im sorry

if not it makes getting the 2 tails into the

terminals a bit easier

cliveybaby

Archived