• The Baby Blue Room
    • The Next Generation
    • Young'uns Forum
    • The Studio
    • The Young Ones
    • Beginners Please
    • Square1
    • Square One

As promised, it's poll time where the users of this section of the Blue Room get to choose what's it's called

The rules are simple...

Only students in full time education may enter

The Blue Room Admin and Moderation team's decision is final

The closing date for suggestions is 8pm on Sunday 6th May

...the first one is the important one. Please, unless you fit that category then don't vote. We really don't want to have to go through the server logs to check every entry. The software knows who you are and what you did. The software knows everything...

Moderation: Staggeringly unfair BBC-style competition fixing removed.

Just so you know, this isn't the BBC, so competitions may be staggeringly unfair.

In all seriousness, we kept a few suggestions that the younger members seemed to like that had been submitted in error.

But for the sake of those who must complain about absolutely everything, I'm going to remove the offending suggestions from the Poll. If you voted for a removed one, then PM me and I'll reapply your vote to a different option. ;)

As Bryson said, when I compiled the poll I did include a few suggestions which were suggested by older members but which had been picked up on as being possible contenders by younger members. I did this because how were we to know that, had they not already been suggested by an older member, they would not be suggested by someone else.

At the end of the day, it's all just a bit of fun and a way of engaging the membership.

Reading through the original nominations, I notice that at least one of the suggestions deleted because it originated with an "oldie" (The Apprenticeshp) had received a lot of support from "real" students. It strikes me as unfair that supporters of that name can't vote for it because of a protest from somebody...also not a student so not truly involved. I'm sure one of them would have said "well, count is as my nomination then" had they had any inkling that the name wouldn't be there to vote for.

Just my take on things. Frankly, I think it's time to "do a Mugabe" and demand a recount before the results are even in!

Bob

It's hard to choose one! I went with sandbox but square one and next generation appeal equally to me. I take it full time education applies to uni as well? I hope so otherwise my thoughts don't really count! If so, then would anything with school in the title be a bit too specific? Just a thought.

Archived