Good supplier for dimmable rope light

richard

Last time we bought a load of 'non-neon' (ropelight on a roll, which you cut to length and then fit end caps to), it came from Ebay. Can find out which seller it was, if you like, but won't be able to do that until Monday ...

Thomann sells it by the roll surprisingly cheaply. Obviously needs the plugs changing though!

They do indeed, however the last lot of Thomann rope light I used wasn't very reliable! Sections kept dropping out, took a lot more effort to get them going than I would have liked.

Some of the non-neon rope light I bought recently from AC Lighting was a bit unreliable- I bought 80m to make up into 10m runs, and in two or three of them, sections were dropping out as mentioned above. I've also bought it from CPC and Overt, I think its all much of a muchness and it seems unlikely that its all made by different manufacturers. I've also found that everybody's price is about the same, around £2.00 a metre and a fiver for the wiring set & end cap. The ready-made CPC ones were OK...

I think that we tend to assume that because its ropelight, it can take any amount of abuse, but really its just another type of lighting fixture and its isn't really designed to be tied in knots and keep working for ever!

Archived