Sound Level Meter

Andrew Edwards

When enquiring about whether our organisation had a sound level meter, it was suggested that our engineering department had one...

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6206/dsc09117np5.th.jpg

...and here it is in all its glory!!!

Made me smile.

It still works as it has been modified to run from a PP3 as Varta no longer make its battery anymore.

Also the instructions advise that the microphone is moisture resistant...but only for 3 years. Our engineering guru tells us that it has hardly been used so who knows...

We are hoping that with the original box and instuctions it might be worth as much as a new one! :(

Us engineers and techs are kind of like PDSA...'we never put a healthy piece of equipment down'...

Anyone else discovered any little nuggets of history like this?

Anyone else discovered any little nuggets of history like this?

My colleagues in Environmental Science still use a B&K analogue SLM with a manual (single channel) 1/3rd octave filter set. It's probably about the same vintage as the Castle above, and is built to withstand nuclear winters....

Our school science department has a similar machine although it's branded with the Griffin & George educational supplier's logo. I'm quite happy using it as my needs, like me, are simple. Calibration? Isn't that a brand of lager?

Archived