Can you Mounting 19" flatscreens on a mic stand?

djw1981

Bit of an odd one here. The scenario is a rock gospel choir where due to numerous changes in the song running order and such like, the choir have a flatscreen fed with the words. this is either a standalone system, of a VgA spllit from the words sent to the projector if at a congregational participation event.

We were looking to buy a VGA flatscreens, and see if we could get them fitted with mounting to allow us to mount them on a Mic stand, so it would be neater than trying to find something the right height, and yet not too large to stand the monitor on.

I wondered if anyone knew of such a mounting for a screen.

I know It's a slim chance!

Cheers

David

Don't know about using mic stands, but you can certainly get reasonably compact floor stands for mounting LCDs - perhaps

something like:

http://www.chaseavdirect.co.uk/ccp6/media/gbu0/prodlg/LCD_LC30.jpg

which is about 180 pounds.

Alternatively, get one of the brackets used for wallmounting a LCD screen and add a couple of U-bolts....

When googling, the keyword is "VESA"

They are good for the money... especially if you order the silver version online this month using code ST0112361 :unsure: I have used one for a good while now (with the wheels removed) and they stand up to some abuse. They can also be dismantled quite easily for transportation.

Archived