1U 31 band Stereo graphic ?

BigYinUK

I've searched all over and can fine plenty of 1U 31 band graphics but they are all mono or 1U + 1U for stereo. I'm trying to find a stereo 31 band graphic that only takes up 1U as I'm terminally short of rack space.

Is there such a beast ?

Alesis used to make the MEQ230, not a very nice sounding unit or nice to use but it fits the 1U criteria. A quick browse of the Alesis website leads me to think it's been discontinued but there are quite a few out there so might be able to pick some up second hand.

You could use something like the Behringer DEQ2496, that has 2 channels of EQ in 1 rack space and can be had for about £180 now. Maybe slightly off what you were thinking but it would get the job done

Well thought out - That does indeed fit the bill. I had seen the 2496 but hadn't twigged that it had a full stereo 31 band eq in it.

Thanks very much.

You could use something like the Behringer DEQ2496, that has 2 channels of EQ in 1 rack space and can be had for about £180 now. Maybe slightly off what you were thinking but it would get the job done

Well thought out - That does indeed fit the bill. I had seen the 2496 but hadn't twigged that it had a full stereo 31 band eq in it.

Thanks very much.

Even better, it has a 10 band parametric eq. Since the only advantage of a graphic is the ability to quickly grab a frequency on the corresponding handle, and you won't be able to do that on the DEQ, use the parametrics instead.

Mac

Thanks very much.

Even better, it has a 10 band parametric eq. Since the only advantage of a graphic is the ability to quickly grab a frequency on the corresponding handle, and you won't be able to do that on the DEQ, use the parametrics instead.

Mac

I like the idea that I could use the auto EQ part of the RTA section. I've used this type of feature before (on an old Peavey Autograph) and found it worked very well indeed.

The MEQ230 sadly does fit your description, though I'd really rather go without than use one.

I keep two of these in captivity, so that students can find out just how terminally bad they are. No, really - I don't like to knock equipment, but I'd rather have my toes smeared in raspberry jam and thrust into a giant hornet's nest than use the MEQ230.

The Behringer DEQ2496 will do you just fine. It's even got a cool 'retro' VU meter simulation...

Simon

I don't know if this is of interest but found it whilst looking for "Camera Tape" after reading the other thread on labelling Desk Channels!!

One Stop Film Shop have it at £177.06

http://www.onestopfilmshop.com/Shop/produc...32&xSec=828

Never used any Phonic products so couldn't comment on what it's like, but it seems you can link the channels to improve it's ease of use for your application.

Cheers

Mark

Archived