Pearl 2004

johnhuson

Ok, first off I have also posted this on the Avo discussion board, so sorry for those who read both but I figured I would post here also as there is a bigger user base. Hopefully niclights will have the answer as he often does!

This issue may just be me being a muppet so excuse me if it is. When I want to edit a playback with a shape in it, I always use include (with Dimmer selected) to recall all parameters from the playback into the programmer, then make changes (usually not related to shape). Then when I press Memory and then Merge Memory it warns me that all shapes will be lost and that I must use the include function which I already have. I then try and include the shape again and it still prompts me that all shapes will be lost.

Is this just me, am I not using include in the correct way?

John,

When you actually record the memory from the included information are the shapes actually lost? As I think that this is a default warning that appears if you have included a memory with shapes in it, whever or not you have included the shapes.

Why didn't you just ask your in house avo man???

Cheers

Dan

EDIT: From what you have said it sounds like you are including correctly. Although a good way to make sure it is including correctly is to not have the playback running, include the memory (with dimmer selected) and make sure that the shape runs on the fixtures, this way you know they are definatly included.

Just to repeat what I said on Avo forum:

The software might be getting confused when you try to merge the shape. Since you are including all information you can simply use replace function or, if necessary, manually delete the original and re-record.

If you don't need to alter the shape then just put the information you want to change/add into the programmer and use merge (ie. don't bother with include).

Archived