3U Shallow Rack Enclosure - For custom rack item

Hi all,

I'm looking for a 3U version of this. Ideally with it being similarly shallow. I've spoken to Chris and he's checked Proel's catalogue and they don't do one, so any other ideas? I think I could make it from bits of Penn's MSB system, but it wouldn't be as neat and would be quite a hassle too. I also found various other ones, but they are all 20-30cm deep, which would mean I couldn't put something in the other side of the rack. So does anyone know of a source, ideally without vents too if possible?

As Wuddy said a local metal work company should be able to custom build something and even arrange to powder coat it for you, but it's not going to be the cheapest of options. I have the BS spec for 19" rack & enclosure dimensions so if you do go down this route and you need some dimensions feel free to PM me.

Thanks for the suggestion Bob, I've flicked through their catalogue before but I'd not even considered them this time. Incidentally Bob's link also reminded me to check Canford, unfortunately they only do 230mm deep units (here), which is too deep for what I want.

Anyway Bryant do one that is 100mm deep (here), slightly deeper than I was hoping for, but should be fine I think, £39.86, which is also a bit more expensive than I'd hope for, against the 25 odd quid for the CPC one, but presumably that will be cheaper than a metalworking company?

Anyway Bryant do one that is 100mm deep (here), slightly deeper than I was hoping for, but should be fine I think, £39.86, which is also a bit more expensive than I'd hope for, against the 25 odd quid for the CPC one, but presumably that will be cheaper than a metalworking company?

I guess that depends on how many you want... I suspect the metalworking company would be more expensive for a "one-off" but the costs would drop for multiple units.

Thanks for the suggestion Joe. Unfortunately that's a lot deeper than I was hoping for at 300mm, and indeed shallower ones seem to be available for a similar price elsewhere. Its also vented which I hope to avoid, and the order time doesn't fill me with confidence. Bryant definitely look like the best bet available.

• 11 months later...

Archived