Fruit

ziggidee

Hi, I'm working on Ursula by Howard Barker at RADA and I need some fake fruit, but I am on a low budget. The problem is it needs to be heavy, because it is dropped on the floor and we don't want it making an embrassing hollow plastic sound or to bounce along the floor.

Does any one know a place that would sell/hire such fruit or a good idea on how to make it?

Thanks

Nothing looks more like fruit than fruit, particularly if you are on a budget.

If you are just dropping it then you will probably only have to replace it twice a week at the most. Price it up at your local Tesco and unless you are doing a very long run or destroying lots of fruit every night this will probably be the cheapest and easiest.

You don't say what fruit you need - but items such as apples, pears etc. can always be coated with clear varnish. This will help when you drop the fruit as it may not "splatter" over the floor as much and should help it last a few days longer than usual.

Archived