Stairville LED Par 56

steve h

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone knows whether the stairville led par 56s (link) can work as Master and Slave?

For example, can I set one to music mode, and the rest follow what this one does?

Thanks

Steve

(and yes, I have read the 28 page LED topic)

They dont do master slave, however if you specifically wanted them ones or were on a budget etc, then you could buy them and link them all together and create some simple chases etc into a desk like the Starville DMX Master etc. Probably wouldnt be much different to paying the extra for m/s cans, just depends what you want out of them.

Dave

...into a desk like the Starville DMX Master etc

Thanks Dave, I currently use them with a jesterML and it all goes fine - the school where I work has just had its hall painted a nice cream and I love using them to wash the walls - I was asked by a dj whether they could be run without the desk, as he doesnt know much about DMX, desks et al, and doesnt really want to learn it either.

The school, or myself, wont pay for anymore equipment just for a local dj so it looks as for now its just going to have to stay this way, unless of course someone knows of a light with a similar channel setup that could sit behind everything and be used as a master to control the rest? I understand that a desk would be better, but as I said this is just for a small disco, and has to be extremely easy to set up - ie...plug in and go

Steve

Archived