dimmer racks

minimac

With respect, K9, having Zero88 trumpeting on about how "competitively priced" their new dimmers are is rendered fairly meaningless if no-one from the company will actually tell us how much they cost ...

I know you're going to say that it's up to the individual dealer to apply whatever prices/discounts they see fit, but surely you know how much you charge a dealer for them, so you can make a fairly educated guess as to their 'street price'?

With respect, K9, having Zero88 trumpeting on about how "competitively priced" their new dimmers are is rendered fairly meaningless if no-one from the company will actually tell us how much they cost ...

I know you're going to say that it's up to the individual dealer to apply whatever prices/discounts they see fit, but surely you know how much you charge a dealer for them, so you can make a fairly educated guess as to their 'street price'?

As I work in the R and D department here, the pricing of products is a mystery to me as well :angry:

Perhaps if you contact NZ88, he may be able to give you a figure ;)

Hi

Seeming as you no one seems to be able to cope without some sort of guide... :D

I would be shocked if you paid more than £350 per unit.

Graham

Z88

There, now, that was quite painless, wasn't it? :D :rolleyes:

That sounds like a pretty good price for what it is - a superior product to a Betapack for a similar cost. Can't be bad!

That's interesting, it has a feature I've not seen on any dimmer before...

12 Memories

International socket options

MCB per channel

DMX addressing via user interface

Built in termonation circuit for DMX

RDM hardware ready

Weight - 8.0kg

Speel clunking award for Zero anyone?

Hi All

And again with feeling : :rolleyes:

Rack 6 is different to Betapack in that it should be rack mounted. Beta has a carry handle, Rack 6 doesn't. Beta can be wall mounted, Rack 6 can't. (We will have a wall mount version but it will be a different beastie). Rack 6 has memories, Beta doesn't. Rack 6 is digital, no analogue it only comes in DMX flavour. It has a single set of sockets, Beta has 2 per channel. It has breakers, Beta has fuses if you want the two sockets. Rack 6 can be bought as a socapex or harting version, Beta can't.

Beta is 4U, Rack 6 is 2U.

Rack 6 can be hooked into a ChilliNet network which means memories can be triggered remotely using panels.

It is a little like comparing apples and pears. They can both taste good but each will have a fan base.

Graham

Zero 88

Graham, re. the point about Rack6 not being available as an analogue version ... do you still sell many analogue Betapacks these days? I'd imagine there's very little demand for an analogue-controled dimmer any more ...

I think it would be difficult to tell. My Betapack 2 has analogue and DMX in, which I believe is the standard config. And yes, I do use the analogue sometimes, with a little level 6 desk (or Sirius dropping, as I like to call it).

Hi

It is indeed hard to say. As a policy though we are seeking to shed as much analogue product as we can. All the dimmers we have launched in the past year have been DMX only. Believe it or not this has upset some people. "But I have a perfectly good old Eclipse and all I need is a new dimmer." :D

Lets see who is old enough to remember a truely classic Zero 88 Lighting desk complete with cigarette lighter :rolleyes: .

Graham

Zero88

Just suggest they get one of those mythical boxes that went with the earlier Celco Gold 90's - Analogue Socca to DMX with a patch that was too complicated to use!

I'm amazed that anyone is still using an elipse - bet it's just there for the lighter and ashtray!

regards

tim

I belive that the Arnold Leisure centre in Nottingham is still using them . They have three of them I think.

The scary thing is that I can use one as well. :D

I may even have been there in my younger days (as a pup) :rolleyes:

Probably wouldn't have had a clue what it was for though :D

Archived