dimmer racks

minimac

Try some of the Showtec Digital 6 racks - they are 19" rackmountable and are reasonably light.

I'm not sure where you can get them from, try doing a google.

HTH

Stu

sorry should of said, I am looking for a Twin 15A with about 10 channels. DMX as well as it will be controlled by a fatfrog.

Assuming you don't want any other features such as MCB protection, scenes, curves, etc then just about any of the 6 channel dimmer packs available will do the job.

Someone already mentioned Showtec, available in the UK from Overt Sound to Light or direct from Highlite in Holland. Then there's the Zero 88 Betapack 2, Anytronics range, Light Processor Paradime and probably some others.

Andy Stone

Stagetec

Z88 have just released the new "Rack 6" which (I believe) will replace the Betapack 2s. They are available in a 2x15A configuration, and I'm told the price is extremely competative. It also has the benefit of MCBs, Scenes and (I think) its Chilli Net compatable.

er, isnt power avalibility a big issue here if its gonna be in pubs and the like... I guess if you can guarentee the load will stay low (eg: chase so only one channels on at a time) you could run each dimmer off a 13a socket but I wouldnt advise it...

at 500w you can get aproximately 6 per 13a socket, not allowing for startup surges etc,

Tom

The original alphapacks take 8 pin DIN analogue control, the new Alphapack 2's take 8 pin DIN or DMX (although they're limited to addresses under 39 I think). The overload protection could come in handy though.

Peter

For clarity ;)

Rack 6 is not replacing Betapack it is a very different beast. It is a two U rack mounting unit. It can't be mounted on the wall like a beta nor does it have an easy carry handle. If you use them you really should rack them. To keep the at two U it only has a single socket per channel. Betapack is not being discontinued, we are simply trying to provide more options.

Alphapack does indeed run on DMX and several companies are using them for smaller scale shows where they are pluging into anything that is available. You have 3 channels per pack. You can patch as 1-3, 4-6, 7-9........28-30.

Hope that helps

Graham

Z88

Archived