LED Battery Lighting Units

robert_stemson

Good Day!

Does anybody know of an LED Battery operated lighting fixture, Similar to the size of a Par 64 or smaller? Doesn't require DMX, but the possibility of purchasing various colours....anything hit the industry yet?

When I say battery, I'm not looking for a basic touch lamp which you can purchase in shops (Osram 3 White LED Torch). Something that would fit underneath a round glass table to uplight, but wireless, Reusable and reliable for at least 3-6 Hours.

Any Ideas, Cheers Rob

Does the output need to be controlled?

If this is for a practical stage prop then I'm sure you could easily knock something up. Cluster of white LEDs, switch, resistors, and a battery. You can get off the shelf components to do all of this, even recharge your battery!

Taking a quick look at the power requirement it's certainly possible for such a device to exist

[150 * LEDs running at 3V and 20mA each require 54Wh of battery to last 6 hours (assuming 100% efficicney). This equates to about 30 NiMH AA batteries.]

However I suspect it's unlikely someone will commercially make such an item. Battery powered lanters tend to be toys, torches or emergency lights, none of which meet what you need.

You may have to have them custom made. How many do you need and what's your budget (and what exactly do you mean by "various colours"). B-)

I can understand that it really has no commercial value, but still its a nifty idea and custom build might be the only way to go. In the term various colours, I mean that you can have one defined LED colour. Saying that it is possible on the circuit board to add various coloured LED's and a switch to select the colour. LED seemed to be the option compared to a 12V Birdie, longer lasting effect and even spread of beam.

It's basically for 4-5 free standing tables in the middle of the room, and having trailing cables would compremise the presentation.

Still I could use a 12V low voltage dichroic - birdie with a battery, and I like the use of flourescents. Personnally I don't think the output needs to be controlled as it will be sealled within the unit for the event. And it wouldn't be that blinding if LED.

We also own 24 of the same units, if these are the welsh ones. I'll let Tim post details (as that's where we got ours) but can sing their praises. Flightcased in 6's they are quite heavy, and the model we have only has a basic control system (not DMX -yet...) but battery life is better than I thought it would be.

Edit - I really missed them yesterday, I got sent out 24 pulsar chroma-pars instead of the LED bat-9's (as we call them, I don't know what they are called commercially yet) and had a nightmare with the cables and power runs for the chroma zones. And the chroma-pars have less output (to my eyes) and a tighter beam.

Archived