Band limited pink noise?

Simon Lewis

Thanks for the link... however the Soundcheck CD has:

Track 37: Bass band - 0-200Hz & phase check

Track 38: Low mid band - 200Hz-1kHz & phase check

Track 39: High mid band - 1kHz-Infinity & phase check

Track 40: High Band - 7kHz-Infinity & phase check

So, close, but not the octave or 1/3rd octave bands that I'd like !

Hi Troops, very slightly OT, but how does a cd prduced tone create feedback to ring out a system, ( I'm sure I'm being dumb here and missing something ) but I always thought it was the frequency returning to the mic and looping. Or are the cds used for something else. As most of you know I'm a one man band onstage, so I was going to put my voice on cd then play it into the mic, but would a test tone ( like pink noise do the same to ring out )

baz

Um... My alan parsons disc has 1/3 octave pink noise on tracks 1-32? Or have I got something different to everyone else?

Paul, Shez, my apologies - so it does. I even had a copy of the first soundcheck CD, and I couldn't remember there being filtered pink noise on that. The CD has long since been taken away by some light fingered person....

I'd better go and buy a new copy!

Simon

Hi Troops, very slightly OT, but how does a cd prduced tone create feedback to ring out a system

It doesn't, generally. To find feedback, you'd usually up the gain on a pertinent mic until it started verging on feedback. Tones are generally used for alignment of levels between kit so wouldn't be used much actually over the speakers. Pink noise is usually used for acoustic assessment of the combination of PA and room. Good ears (or an analyser) will tell you about any significant irregularities in the response.

Archived