Stonewood Audio Talkback System

MattBreen2008

Hi All,

I'd really appreciate any help on this one because to be honest I dont think its that difficult and will hopefully be a quick fix. Just wondering if anyone knows how to set up a Stonewood Audio Talkback system.

In our school hall we have talkback sockets in the wall in all places they are needed (e.g. Lighting Box, Orchestra Pit, Sound Box, Prompt Corner etc) and in Prompt Corner we also have what I believe is the control power unit for all of the headsets operating on this talkback.

As I cannot seem to find any user manuals etc I'm just wondering if we need any additional equipment to what we already have and am hoping someone out there knows what needs to be connected at each point.

So imagine that you're in the orchestra pit and you want to set up a talkback in there. We have the following.

http://www.stonewood.co.uk/SA-CMS2.aspx (this is located on stage next to all the other power racks etc)

http://www.stonewood.co.uk/SA-CBP1.aspx (we have 4 of these beltpacks)

http://www.stonewood.co.uk/SA-CHS_Headset.aspx - these are the headsets we are using.

If anyone knows what needs to be connected at each point and how they operate (presumably they all have to be on the same channel or something etc etc) then I would be really grateful.

Cheers

Matthew

The CMS2 (the master station) will have two groups of outputs labelled channel A and B (possibly with more than one socket per channel), allowing two independent circuits, with the DSM being able to talk to one or both. So you could for example have lighting and sound on one circuit, and the conductor on the other, with the DSM being able to cue both, and both being able to talk to everyone else on their circuit. Anyway to make it work just daisy chain the backs using mic cable from the master station, plug a headset into each beltpack and the master station, switch the switches on the packs to on, or push them to PTT, and everyone else should be able to hear you. The call light buttons flash everyone elses on the same circuit.

Its as simple as that!

The OP PMed me, but I've replied on here to add it to the knowledge-base.

<snip>So just to confirm we plug the headset into the belt pack and then a mic cable from the beltpack into the ports we have all around the building marked Talkback?

Presumably the DSM can just plug there headset into the main control unit without the need for a beltpack?

Yes, that should work fine (small disclaimer: this may not be entirely true if you have weird things like patch bays in the way, but try it and see, its highly likely it will work fine.

Correct the DSM can use the socket on the front of the system and just a headset. They also have an additional switch to choose either or both channels to talk to.

Its also worth pointing out that Techpro and a number of other systems all work in entirely the same way, if you encounter them in future.

• 2 years later...
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but does anyone have a circuit diagram for a Stonewood CBP1 as I have to fix a faulty one. I have filled in the enquiry form on the Stonewood website to see if they will supply one but it was only this evening so no I've not had a reply yet.

• 8 months later...

I think I saw Stonewood have been taken over. As an aside I have two channel beltpack with next to no use. It would help to have another single channel one for my kit so if anyone wants to swap please contact me. I bought it thinking I would be doing some video work so just wanted one. That has not happened so would like to change it.

Surfing some more I see it is Granite that has taken them over

Archived