EAW

alex_kyuss

Hi all, One of the companies I work for has just bought some EAW KF853, SB853 and will soon be buying some KF600 and some SB1000s. I was wondering what people thing about these systems and who use them on tours, installs ... cheers Alex

Hi all, One of the companies I work for has just bought some EAW KF853, SB853 and will soon be buying some KF600 and some SB1000s. I was wondering what people thing about these systems and who use them on tours, installs ... cheers Alex

Hi,

I run a rig of KF650 and SB1000's -all on Lab Gruppen with DBX processing and love it to bits- might be old ,but is bloody good -never had a complaint yet! Tour with it at theatre level (350 -1000 people - no problem). Have also used some of their 850 and line array stuff. Have to say its my fav sound apart from l'acoustic stuff- which is a different level. 853 is long throw if I remember correctly- so should be good in a long room,but difficult to hold onto in a short one.

Adey

KF853 - 30 x 30 degree high power "long throw" box - arrayed in multiples

SB853 - didn't know they made this? there's plenty of other SB bins...

KF600 - smaller version of the (then) industry standard KF850

SB1000 Industry standard bass bin.

All very good stuff, somewhat superseded by more recent offerings

Ive used and heard the 850 and 853s with the sb1000's and have to say once they are tighten'd up to the room there in they are even more amazing.

I would disagree with the weight on the sb1000's but on the rest they are very heavy (4 man lift safely).

Very nice boxes in all fairness.

The SB1000s aren't as heavy as the rest, but they're still heavier than a lot of twin 18 subs.

But one of the most compact twin 18 subs also. In my humble opinion from experience they are one of the best subs ever made.

I may be wrong, but I am guessing that the OP is meaning KF853 is a mid/high box that only goes down to 200Hz. the BH853 which I think the OP called the SB853 is a dedicated low mid (2x15 horn) box designed to cover the upper bass and low mid regions.

This is designed as a 4 way system, incorporating a 3 box stack. It's not for the faint hearted either, the KF853 is as Simon says a 30/40 box with a max output of 147dB, the BH853 a 144dB box and then of course you would in most applications be expected to put such as a SB850 or SB1000 below this. 2 Sb1000's to one of each of the other is the norm. Making for a 400kg weight per stack. That said, I have never seen 853 ground stacked as its a dedicated himid/hi tight dispersion box ideal for covering the far field. Of course, you need height and controllability at source to be able to do this effectively.

What venues are you expecting to do with this system?

Firstly, thanks rob that is what I ment (BH853). I personally thing there a fantastic box. we set them up in rows of 2/3/4 stacks per side in long rooms for 1000 cap plus. The company I used to work for has L'acoustic 218, arcs and dvdosc, all of which are good systems but I don't think there any better then the EAW. They have to be the heaviest boxes I ever had to lift! But can be done with 2/3 strong people fairly easily. We have only ground staked them so fare but we are buying motors in the near future (which will make life easier). Does anyone no of anyone other the Wigwam the rents them?

Cheers Alex

ML Executives have some stock of EAW 850 and SB850, and had some 853 I believe. They also have a large amount of SB1000's, which are one of my personal favourite double 18's, and also stock the KF760 Line Array.

www.mlexecutives.com

Neil

Archived