Portable Scaffold or Platform

KevinE

Can members please give me their recommendations on a lightweight one-man erectable platform or portable tower, suitable for carrying in an estate car, that is suitable for general maintenance of sound & lighting, (eg erection of moving heads) that can accomodate two people at a platform height of 8-10 feet or so! Do these things exist? Thanks!

Mmm the Youngman ones seem more my thing, we did have a heavy duty version of that a while ago but had to stop using it when the quick-clamps lost their spring tension, meaning it sort of fan-folded as I was hanging a 250W thorlux light once, luckily it gave plenty of warning.

Don't forget to order a 1/2 lift section, you will be surprised how many times people incorrectly bodge towers by not having a half lift available!

People should not have to be on a tower without adequate guards and a proper cadge at working height but it is all too common to see towers assembled badly because of the lack of half lifts and or outriggers.

Archived