Urgent help needed

obsy

Hi all,

I have a pulsar masterpiece 108 which had locked out certain keys (S U A L) and I,m doing a gig in 3 hrs. I know there is a code to unlock it as read in an earlier post,if anyone knows this could they please help a desperate man.

Cheers Owen

Could someone explain why it's a big secret? I've noticed from the other thread that no-one would post a solution there either.

Given that we're trying to create a database of solutions, just dealing via PM is going to just create more of these posts.

If it must be kept secret (like, if you'd have to kill me if I knew) then could the mods at least have a copy of that PM so we can store it "back-of-house" and wheel it out when required?

The user access level on the Masterpiece is IMO great, because you can lock what you want. Of course not good for anyone on a locked board who doesn't have the manual spare and can't find the original operator :(

Always looking for jobs that have Masterpieces at the ready rather than Fat Frogs or Events.

It's just worth noting for those puzzled by this cloak and dagger approach that the SUAL codes are in the owner's manual. You can download this readily from Pulsar and I wouldn't try messing if you're not completely at ease with these powerful panels.

But I agree, once SUAL is entered, it's possible to really stir up the operation so it'll never work again without resorting to calling the original installer! The operation of a MP is not as obvious as more modern designs.

But it's also worth saying that occasionally the masterpieces suffer scrambled memory, wreaking havoc with locked out controls and patches, and getting past SUAL is the only way to get your lighting working again!

I have come across 10 or so this last year, one of which worked very well, but the best one was dead. The end users discovered that if they turned off the desk, all lights would go to full and stay that way until they turned it on. This is how it worked for their season.

Anyway, to the point, I always thought that the SUAL was one of four codes in the manual, which is freely available on the net. One of them is something like 3,4,10,9 off the top of my head.

I think that I was only dealing with old units, so the newer ones might allow the user code to be personally set. I like the idea, and always lock out a Frog when done.

Hi All,

thanks to dosxuk for his quick response, the actual code that released the S U A L, I found doing a search on google - it was actually in French but obviously I could understand the numbers. The code was the same as mentioned in this thread by Light Console.

Thanks Owen.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I have also this SUAL problem but it didn´t work with that code .. version 3.0

hope someone can help me !

thanks,

chris

Doesnt worked with all the codes I got ! could it be that the sual button is locked ?

is there any hardware way to reset all ?? tryed to remove the battery but that doesnt worked !

I think the SUAL is in the EPROM which is why it sometimes is changed with firmware upgrades.

Dont forget, later desks have 2 codes, a programming level and am operator level.

You can always ring Pulsar y'know, they're friendly people.

01223 403500

I think the SUAL is in the EPROM which is why it sometimes is changed with firmware upgrades.

Dont forget, later desks have 2 codes, a programming level and am operator level.

You can always ring Pulsar y'know, they're friendly people.

01223 403500

got it !

... battery removed ... bridged the contacts ... power on without battery ... then I put it in again ... worked !

now it accept the code !

gr33ts,

chris

Archived