Strand Patt.223

Russ83

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if it is still possible to get hold of a suitable lens for the Patt.223?

I've checked on eBay and I can't find anything (for the 223 or the 743)

From the archive it shows it as:

Lens: 200mm diameter short focus Fresnel, recessed mounted

If I can't find a new lens what would you suggest as a replacement model?

Any suggestions gratefully received

Cheers

Russ

Can't help with a source for a replacement lens but I do see that there are still P223 available. I saw some 223 and 743 on Used Lighting last night while I was browsing for availability of Fresnels.

If you want to buy new instead then there is a wide range to choose from - personal recommendation CCT Starlette or Selecon Pacific.

If I have to get a new fixture does anyone have any grumbles/comments on the CCT Starlette Z0050 which looks to be very similar spec to the 223?

If you want to buy new instead then there is a wide range to choose from - personal recommendation CCT Starlette or Selecon Pacific.

I think the CCT Starlette is an excellent 1K (or 1.2K) Fresnel - hence my personal recommendation :(

If you ever do get around to replacing the Patt 223/743's bear in mind that no lantern (That I can think of) can match the beam angle of a Patt 743. The beasts can manage an 80Deg flood, which when working with a low trim height is sometimes a god-send. I believe the CCT can only manage 55Deg or similar.

One thing I would reccomend though is to have all of your P223's converted to Halogen, I have seem the conversion kits somewhere, but at the moment I can't think where.

Selecon do a 90 degree profile, and ETC have a pretty wide angle S4 lens tube now as well.

Sorry to sound pedantic, but we were talking about fresnels in particular.

I've never actually used the 70 & 90 Deg S4's, I have always imagined that they would be quite poor focusing, especially for Gobos, as taking the 90deg example the edge of the beam could have 1 1/2 times the distance from the focal plane as the centre of the beam, or do the optics compensate for this?

Archived