Risk assesments

Ben

Rob,

that was my problem to begin with, as you know im doing Production LX at central and I have had a session on RA forms agaes ago, have been told yes you are legaly comperant, but the problem with it not being an official course is tht there is no way to prove your competance, I ended up doing it by putting them intouch with my tutor and getting hm to vouch for me. it got more complicated when they came up with "how do we know hes competant..." my answer was "well hes been doing it in the west end for 20 years..."

so in summery yes you are competant but from what I know of you I would have said you were anyway its just to do with if your employer will eccept that.

hope that makes some sense.

Ben

it got more complicated when they came up with "how do we know hes competant..." my answer was "well hes been doing it in the west end for 20 years..."

If you fancy putting up a bit of a front, you could always say to them "If it comes to that, who's responsible for determining your competence to pass judgement as to whether or not I'm competent?". <_<

If you fancy putting up a bit of a front, you could always say to them "If it comes to that, who's responsible for determining your competence to pass judgement as to whether or not I'm competent?".  

And so on....I wonder who the final arbiter would be...the Queen, perhaps? <_<

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chancer

Ben, your being stitched up like a kipper. Beware anyone who reccomends a course that is anything other than a NEBOSH qualification. All other courses tend to let you know what they are as opposed to how to provide a legally binding documnet.Get in a third party HSE (there are plenty about) tell him/her the different tasks that need undertaking and how you honestly go about doing it. Then get him/her to write it up. Then get a suitable line manager to sign them off. Doing that yourself can be very very dangerous.

By the way you can quite easily quantify passed experinece as a qualification by getting 2 independant referee's to vouch for your time, check this with the HSE.

Archived