hk audio

strandgsx

Dunno if this helps, but I went here: http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/HK purely by a google search, and it came up with:

HK Harman/Kardon (audio products manufacturer)

But I can't confirm that it's them.

Initially I thought it might be the names of the founders of the business but they're Hans Stamer and Lothar Stamer, so the K has no obvious reference.

my 2p

Hughes & Kettner = manufacturer of instrument amplifiers

HK Audio = different company that makes amplifiers and loudspeakers for the portable, concert and installed sound markets.

Seeing as they both have the same address and telephone number in Germany and are both trading names of Music & Sales Professional Equipment GmbH, I would take a guess at them being affiliated to each other

Hughes & Kettner = manufacturer of instrument amplifiers

HK Audio = different company that makes amplifiers and loudspeakers for the portable, concert and installed sound markets.

I don't know what the HK bit stands for...!

Am sure I used a hughes & kettner sound system once - Linear Pro was the range I think (BLue carpetted boxes, sounded nice as far as I can remember), unless I was confused and it was actully HK.

is hk audio the same company as hughes & kettner?

Yes they're sort of the same company, HK deals with the PA and Hughes & Kettner the instrument stuff.

The HK distributor in the UK is John Hornby Skewes and Company Limited from Garforth in Leeds and if you dont believe that you can ring them!!!

Slightly off topic, but HK Audio recently had a truck stolen outside Birmingham after Music Live. There was £250K worth of kit in the truck. I was made aware of this fact by Stuart, one of the John Hornsby Skewes (HK agents in the UK) reps at a demo he did at our warehouse on Wednesday. Please be vigilant and keep an eye out for any dodgy f*cker(s) trying to peddle HK gear cheap.

Call JHS if you have any info.

Simon

Archived