HELP!! DESK TO DIMMER ISUES!

djtom29

thanks!

I now am going to have a look at the desk when I get in tomoro!

so the switch should be near the DMX output and should be set to pin 2: data* pin 3: data? have I got that right? thanks again

tom

p.s. I am a noise boy and usualy the lighin guys steal my XLRs for the movers!

Well - one way will work, one way won't so you will know pretty quickly. This problem is quite common when connecting kit together of different makes and ages - and many people have an XLR-XLR connector or cable with swapped wiring just for this reason. You have the luxury of a button/switch.

Just remember that if you swap the polarity of the desk output it will go to all of the fixtures as well as the dimmers. So if the dimmers start working it's very probable that the acme spotqueen, which did work originally, will stop working.

thanks to everyone who posted in this!

I tryed it out and it works so my school is happy :rolleyes:

just out of intrest and this is a bit of topic but dose anyone know if we could program the spotqueens and generic rig in to that desk..........as in fader= scean for both generic and inteligent?

thanks

tom

You can record a cue to a scene. Fo example if you were to use the spotquens on a static cue say to do a pick up on stage with some generic it fine. If you want generics and the mover to move you need to record it as an effect and rememebr to include the generic at each step of the effect. It a basic manual board and can do most of the basics.

Archived