False Legs

skivvy

Hi Guys and Dolls, as my props list gets larger and larger I look to you guys for some advice.

My director has just informed me that he's looking for a false leg (with a big foot). It is panto, so I suppose you get yused to having these wierd requests. The trouble I'm having is actually finding a false leg in the first place!! I've spoken with near by props stores/ joke shops who don't possess such a thing. I'm wondering if anybody out here actually does have a panto sized false leg, which we could borrow for our run or alternatively knows of somewhere where I could purchase such an item.

Many thanks,

Chris

Actually, I know that the NYMT have a store out in Godstone, I've been there and seen for myself that they have quite a few prosthetic limbs dotted about, don;t ask me why I have no idea. Real ones naturally but owned as props.

You may find an old shop window dummy leg easier to find if you are just holding it.

I thought the gag was that it was a small false foot so that it is held out from under the Uglies skirt and the shoe fits but then the false leg is discovered and you move on to the other sister who has to take of her (30' long) sock before trying on the shoe.

A thirty foot long sock...?????!!!!!

WOW!!

:g:

Well it depends on the size of your auditorium but it has to be still coming off the leg when you have passed it all the way through the audience and it is being collected by an usher at the back.

Use thin stretchy fabric and you store it all on the actors thigh so that he can still walk. If it is a quick change (and it always is) you need 2 dressers one either side and the actor just holds on to his chair.

Ebay is your friend - you'll find everything from full shop dummies to just hands, heads, feet and legs. Failing that go around some department or clothing stores in your town and ask if they have an old one you can have or just borrow in return for a plug in the program.

Archived