Spirt Live Phantom Power

Valjean

Hey guys

I've got a old Spirit Live desk but someone has cut out the resistor for the phantom power. :)

Does anyone know what size resistor I need to put back in order to get my phantom power back?

It's link J3 on the input board....I think

Thanks

Google for "spirit live J3". The first link returned is to the manual for the spirit live 4. That states:

To disable the +48V phantom powering on the microphone inputs, remove link J3 from Input PCB SC3209. This can be done without removing the PCB as shown below, by carefully cutting the leads of the link above the PCB at the points marked.

To reinstate the +48V, fit a replacement link, Part No. AZ2222,which is available from your dealer.

Update:

Then we google for "soundcraft AZ2222", and get a link to the CPS250 power supply manual. Within the components list, we see that the AZ2222 is a

ZERO OHM RESISTOR (METAL SLUG)

So it's just a link. I'd just replace it with a bit of wire...

Google for "spirit live J3". The first link returned is to the manual for the spirit live 4.

[uber pedantry]

Bruce

Googling for "spirit live J3" doesn't link to the manual, (ironicaly it now links to this thread but that's another matter)

Searching for spirit live J3 does

I know you were only using the quotations to demarcate the words to search for but given google uses the quotes to mean search for this phrase exactly it does make your post slightly unclear

[/uber pedantry]

Apologies -

Ignoring that, impressive post by the way....

James

Archived