Crown PCC160

Trunker

Oh, FFS!

Matt, you've posted a 'wanted' ad - have you actually done any groundwork searching?

A quick 5 minute Google (my second tonight for someone else, by the way!!!) gives:

Stage Services - £287

HHB - £275

Rea Sound - Scrill down this pre-owned kit list and there's an entry showing £170! A bargain!

Come ON, people!

At least TRTY to find stuff for yourselves!

I'd be the first to post here if I couldn't find what I wanted, but let's be honest - Google is your friend!!!

:unsure:

Well,... the pair of PCC160s I use cost US $650.70 for the pair, from B&H photo, including shipping to New Zealand, so in Limeyville that is 316UKP, there would be VAT to pay of about 56 quid, so a grand total of 372 quid. A decent reduction if you can wait a week for them to arrive...

And I note that they are ten bucks apiece cheaper than when I bought them :unsure:

Oh, FFS!

Matt, you've posted a 'wanted' ad - have you actually done any groundwork searching?

A quick 5 minute Google (my second tonight for someone else, by the way!!!) gives:

Stage Services - £287

HHB - £275

Rea Sound - Scrill down this pre-owned kit list and there's an entry showing £170! A bargain!

Come ON, people!

At least TRTY to find stuff for yourselves!

I'd be the first to post here if I couldn't find what I wanted, but let's be honest - Google is your friend!!!

Yeah no need to be like that m8. I was wondering if anybody had any 2nd hand stock they were getting shot of. I would prefer to help fellow technicians in this way so we can both have want we want. Product or money.

I was wondering if anybody had any 2nd hand stock they were getting shot of.

It might have been useful if you'd mentioned this in your original post then. There was nothing there to indicate you were after anything other than new. It's all about asking the right question :unsure:

It might have been useful if you'd mentioned this in your original post then. There was nothing there to indicate you were after anything other than new. It's all about asking the right question :wall:

And as your OP clearly stated ......

Does anyone know of a company stocking Crown PCC160 Microphones in the UK? I wish to BUY

It might have been useful if you'd mentioned this in your original post then. There was nothing there to indicate you were after anything other than new. It's all about asking the right question ;)

And as your OP clearly stated ......

Does anyone know of a company stocking Crown PCC160 Microphones in the UK? I wish to BUY

:g:

Sorry, the 'wanted' add was about 2nd hand. This post was about buying new.

Now that a number of sources have been established, I have a question; Whilst understanding that PCC160s are something of a stage-edge standard, are they really that good as to warrant a £250 price tag? I've tended to regard boundary mics as a bit of a desparete measure to elevate a weak chorus, or when there aren't enough radio mics to go round. How much better are they for example, than the £35 CPC circular boundary mic that has some fans on this forum.

What I'm getting to is am I seriously missing out by not having a couple in my mic arsenal?

Thanks,

Pete.

The sound of the CPCs to me is fine. Certainly fine enough for what they hear. Smooth enough to get decent gain, and tough enough to last. The Crown is a real brand product that has had a decent lifespan already. I hate cheap mics that don't sound as good as similar mainstream ones - in this case, they do sound, to my ears, very very similar.

For the job of stage pickup, in my experience there is no realistic alternative to the PCC160s. Things I've tried a lot are AKG C568EB short shots and the old Tandy PZMs.

"Better" means primarily less feedback (ie more gain so more reinforcement).

PCC160s can also be danced on and still love you in the morning.

The PCC160's are built like brick s**t-houses!

We have 3 in our inventory, and other than damaged mini-XLR plugs that have been bent and cracked, (and are a beggar to re-solder!) we've had NO problems (touch wood) in almost 17 years of constant use!

Not every noise boy likes 'em, but when positioned,EQ'd and used properly they can be a very useful tool.

No substitute for non-projection, but as a filler, they're great!

No offence to Chris B and his guys, but I'd like to see a cheapie CPC boundary perform and last as long!! :g:

Archived