Mauve/Pink wash on PC projection

AV Ian

Hi All,

Not really very knowledgable on video issues but I'm trying to source the cause of a recurrent problem with some of our projectors.

Three different branded (Epson, Sony, Sanyo) projectors have all put a pinky/mauve coloured wash over the image sent to them from a PC. <_< They are all connected using the default input A with a standard VGA monitor lead. The menu screens have always displayed with the corect colours. I have solved 2 of them by swapping cables around then playing with the settings. While it's great that I have fixed them, I'd appreciate knowing what it was that solved it.

If any one can spread any light on this I would really be gratefull. :)

Ian

Pink enough to make viewing the image quiet hard. I did suspect that as one of the causes, but sometimes even changing to a laptop ond a relaibale cable hasn't solved it. Loose cable on the connector in the projector maybe?

Does the cable from the laptop go direct to the projector? Is there some installed cable between or some sort of switcher? Sounds very much to me as suggested that you've lost or are loosing one of the colours, in this case green. Does your projector have a composite video input and do you have a source which outputs composite video, if you do try this and see if the problem persists.

The pins in VGA cable are easily damaged, but also easily repaired in a pinch with a bit of paperclip!

Never thought of that but I guess it's a similar size to the pins on a VGA D type connector, will have to remember that!

Thanks for your help guys. It must be the green getting lost somewhere.

There is a length of installed cable on all of them. Suspecting that at the moment. We've given up on the most recent one. The whole installation is covered by a service contract so they can deal with it!

KevinE - have not tried 3 different projectors, I have had this problem on 3 seperate occassions with 3 different projectors. Sorry if I'm not typing to clearly - far too many late nights this week! :huh:

Thanks again guys! :P

Thanks for your help guys. It must be the green getting lost somewhere.

There is a length of installed cable on all of them. Suspecting that at the moment. We've given up on the most recent one. The whole installation is covered by a service contract so they can deal with it!

KevinE - have not tried 3 different projectors, I have had this problem on 3 seperate occassions with 3 different projectors. Sorry if I'm not typing to clearly - far too many late nights this week! :o

Thanks again guys! :D

Either Green missing on the input cable, or if the mauve is more of a panel purity issue then its likely that the panel in the projector/s is knackered.Try test the input cable ON monitor b4 plugging into the projector.

Archived