Snow!!

Andy!

for a confetti/snow effect, you can't beat chinese confetti air bursts from le maitre, they are fantastic, makes a mess and you find it for months to come, but fantastic effect, especially if lit well...

paul...

• 4 weeks later...

sorry to make a thick comment but...

snow and foam are totally diffrent things arnt they ??

I thought they were a diffrent fluid alltogether, foam machines kinda jet and snow kinda more gentlly falls ???

seen foam machines at foam partys and they looked nothing like snow - my experience is the little snow machines are ok from a height if u want to simulate gentle snow fall (hardly a blizard tho)

- tom

There is a new form of fake snow which is around although I do not know where you get it from.

It is genius though. It comes as a powder and you mix in water which the powder absorbs to make a very realistic snow.

The great bit is when it dries it goes back to powder so no slippery or messy clean ups. It is also completely safe for fire etc as it turns to powder which won't burn as soon as it dries out.

I saw it on a Christmas tree unveiling last year at a posh hotel. I can only assume it came from a corporate scenic supply company.

If anyone knows where you can get it from please let us know as I want some myself!!!

• 1 year later...
If you mean are they any good at making snow to lay on the stage and look like snow then the answer is no, if you just want an effect to simulate falling show then they aren't too bad, a bit noisy but OK.

I'm looking for how to make snow laying on a stage, to look like real snow as I'm doing the lion witch and the wardrobe, on 27th November.

thanks robert

There is a new form of fake snow which is around although I do not know where you get it from.

the great bit is when it dries it goes back to powder so no slippery or messy clean ups. It is also completely safe for fire etc as it turns to powder which won't burn as soon as it dries out.

If anyone knows where you can get it from please let us know as I want some myself!!!

it was on q.v.c christmas shop yesterday didnt get the number sorry :P

• 2 years later...
Undoubtedly a company that makes snow it's sole focus should be able to help (though I didn't look beyond an initial click of the link above), but the theatre I've done a couple of pantos at use a machine that produces a very frothy white bubble-type mixture, which comes out thick and snow-esque before drying clear (I can't remember if it dries slippy or not, it's been a while, and we only used it in very short bursts)

• 4 weeks later...

I would also recommend Snoyboy machines!

yes , they are noisey but we have the tank of fluid situated behind the stage, and the heads are up in the rig (this is a nightclub venue), with the controller over by the lighting / vj booth. The system is easy to maintain and of course top up fluid if need be.

However, these units are absoulutly no use if you require a quiet operation and you do need to be a little careful on output ,as the floor - the same as foam machine / bubbles - will get slippery.

In our club , I have all the scans side lighting the snow as it comes down and it looks beautiful.

There is a new form of fake snow which is around although I do not know where you get it from. ... If anyone knows where you can get it from please let us know as I want some myself!!!

From here. They are based in the USA but ship internationally for not very much money - the stuff is very lightweight.

I have a few of the 8 gallon packs ready to go :P

Archived