Steel Toe Capped Trainers

Stu

Hi Guys and Gals

As subject title really, looking for steel capped trainers, any suggestions on the best place to buy from at a reasonable price.

Would ideally like a pair that'd last me a while. Can't stand the Steel Capped shoes, not comfy enough for me (Weird shaped feet... another store mind).

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

Stu

;) Mmmm, it seems my spelling is all over the place tonight!

I have (and buy for all the rest of the staff) De Walt Steel Toecap trainers...They are very comfortable ( I even wear them out of work sometimes), don't look too much like safety shoes, and are mostly black. ;)

I buy from RS, about £47 ex VAT, inc Delivery.

Can't recommend them enough.

The only thing against them is that the laces them come with are a bit crap...but still well worth the money. A different department we work with recently bought some Steel Toe capped trainers, but in order to save money, they bought a cheaper brand (Dickies). They have a really hard time getting their staff to wear theirs, as they are uncomfortable and look like...well...safety shoes.

http://rswww.com/images/C386251-13.jpg

RS: Dewalt Trainers

'Lo

I have just bought a pair of De Walt trainers avec steel toe cap. Plus points they are lighter and more flexible than my CAT boots the minus is that the heels feel very wierd and it takes some time to get used to.

Other steel toe trainers I have had were from a company called toetector. Very comfortable shoes but the grip on the bottom of the shoe wasn't brillant. It seems strange that protective wear shoes just can't be made as comfortable or the same quality as normal footware.

;)

Have fun

I asked my boss to buy me a pair of decent Steelies as the ones you tend to get are extremely uncomfortable and I went for a pair of Hi tec Magnum peacekeepers. Not exactly trainers & Not the cheapest at about £65 -75 but they are soo comfortable to wear that I occasionaly forget to take them off when I'm not working! ;) They also look quite smart (if you remember to polish them!)

Peter

Because:

They're easier to climb ladders in.

They're easier to run in.

People will let you in certain bars with them on that they wouldn't with boots. (Main reason!)

And they still stop you hurting your likkle tootsies.... ;)

Guest lightnix

Conversely, I've been allowed in bars with my boots on, while those wearing trainers have been refused admission.

Being a non-climber, I swore by my enormous CAT steel toed boots. Very comfortable, with super ankle protection (don't forget the ankles, now).

Archived