Giant VU

PSi

That's an interesting Stageline product. Pity about the unbalanced inputs... but for 40 quid it's maybe worth a look.

I'm tempted to buy one to try it out - the application I've got in mind is sticking it between the output from a mixer and the recording input of a laptop, and saying to the people using the system "if you go into the red, it'll sound awful..."

Another useful tool is the software PPMs, available from http://www.darkwood.demon.co.uk/PC/meter.html

Hi,

Just out of interest, what do you want this meter for? If it's cheap, it might say 'VU' on it, but it's probably not measuring actual volume units... if it's just to give a rough idea of signal level, then you should be fine.

J

its not to measure any thing it's just to put in front of djs at events so they can see the level and hopefully keep the gains down (good luck)

Hi,

Just out of interest, what do you want this meter for? If it's cheap, it might say 'VU' on it, but it's probably not measuring actual volume units... if it's just to give a rough idea of signal level, then you should be fine.

J

its not to measure any thing it's just to put in front of djs at events so they can see the level and hopefully keep the gains down (good luck)

I would suggest getting an AVC2 and using its contact output to turn on a flashing red neon light along the lines of "Its too loud you tw#t". All djs do with vu meters is use them as a challenge to see how many red lights they can light up! :huh:

I would look to use one of the cheaper units but rig it from an aux send so they reds light up before they run out of headroom in the system... this should keep them happy! :huh:

Archived