New Steeldeck

tivoliproduction

Hi

We painted ours with normal black emultion which has lasted us about 5 years but after a while they do start to get chipped and dented so they are now probably due to have a new coat of paint, but every five years is not bad. This does also depend on how much you are going to be using them.

Hope this helps

Sam

I've actually not noticed much difference in durability between cheep black emulsion and stuff ten times the cost however the latter is generally far more 'black'. Our decking normally gets repainted every couple of months maximum to keep it looking it's best, at that frequency you really don't want to be spending a fortune on paint.

PVA as suggested or Emulsion Glaze (which is pretty much the same thing, depending on your PVA - I recently accidentally came across some washable PVA which meant that when you tried to wash the floor it became sticky!) mixed with black emulsion.

When painting our stage we use a mix of Bolloms Black Emulsion and 20% Gloss Emulsion Glaze - gives a deeper black. All available from Flints.

Of course this, and all of the replies above, assume you're talking about the timber top and not the steel work. If the latter, then you need to use a black etch - but I would be calling the supplier and asking them to finish the job properly.

T

bloody ell.I was going to ask the very same question, a painter on site told us undercoat and "flat pack" or something was best ,and another has "accidently" left a tin of black bitumen based paint behind to try.Must admit the plain wood effect looks rather nice though

I have always used black emulsion, its cheap and easy,

non slip when dry and can easily be touched up in a second,

by the time everyone has walked on it, it is very worn in!

Emulsion glaze is ok but un necessary unless needed!

non slip when dry and can easily be touched up in a second,

Emulsion glaze is ok but un necessary unless needed!

black emulsion paint is only really non-slip when fresh - as it's walked on over time it will have less traction. Probably not too much of a worry on the flat, but if you're making a raked stage, worth thinking about.

Archived