Concert Sound Companies

tom1987

I shall jump straight into it, Whats the best way to find the PA company thats supplying a system for a particular show?[/font]

I have tried google with no success. I have also found the production companies and asked them this question but have been told they are unable to dilvuge this information to a third party.

Does anyone know of any particular websites or any other way of finding this information out

Thanks

Not everyone wants all the details in the public domain! Sometimes business confidential is for a reason (I didn't say good reason!).

Not every sound company has enough kit for all it's commitments so often they hire in what extra they want from other places. Some manufacturers even have official networks for this for exactly this reason.

I once saw a write up of a big concert saying XYZ was doing the power, however I had just seen the cable being washed down at someone elses yard (yes a muddy outdoor gig ) SO XYZ may be the power contractor but they were not the owner of all the cable (etc) in use there. SImilarly sound contractors do hire stuff in sometimes!

Not everyone wants all the details in the public domain! Sometimes business confidential is for a reason (I didn't say good reason!).

Not every sound company has enough kit for all it's commitments so often they hire in what extra they want from other places. Some manufacturers even have official networks for this for exactly this reason.

I once saw a write up of a big concert saying XYZ was doing the power, however I had just seen the cable being washed down at someone elses yard (yes a muddy outdoor gig ) SO XYZ may be the power contractor but they were not the owner of all the cable (etc) in use there. SImilarly sound contractors do hire stuff in sometimes!

This is the case for much of the year in many places, and in Edinburgh during the festival, kit can be trucked from London as a subhire. It seems a perfectly normal way. You cannot have every product that someone may want, nor enough of them as someone may want. Equally as a customer, you deal with one company for all the hire needs, and it becomes their problem to find what you want!

Archived