Martin Mac Stepper ICs

pscandrett

Hi everyone

I'm going to be slightly cheeky here - I hope that's OK, but it's worth asking.

One of the driver ICs for a feature of one of our Mac 250+ has packed up; I know this since I've swapped some of the ICs round on the PCB (since gobo, colour, goborotate, focus etc are all driven by the same ICs). Consequently we're one IC down at the moment.

The stepper driver IC in question is an NJM3775D2. I think the Martin part number is 02121005. It also has marked on it JRC U1007B.

I've asked our usual supplier for the price of one of these from Martin but I fear it will be stupidly expensive for what it is - postage alone won't be cheap for what is fundamentally a component worth a few pence.

RS have similar ICs in stock but not this one in particular so I can't get it from there (RS can source it for me if the order will come to over £500!), nor have I been able to track it down elsewhere (eg CPC, Farnell, Canford...) - although the manual/datasheet is easy to come by on the web.

My request therefore is - does anyone have one or two of these ICs lying around in a dead Martin product or from elsewhere please that they would be prepared to stick in a jiffy bag to send to me please? It seems to be used in a range of Martin products so it might not necessarily need to come from a Mac...

Alternatively, can anyone recommend anywhere I can get it from (aside from the standard supply chain network which will probably cost an arm and a leg)? I don't like playing the charity card but we are a charity and I like to use the cash we're donated responsibly; if this means buying it 'properly' then that's fine but equally if it's the sort of thing that's lying around in someone's shed gathering dust then I can give it a home...!

Mods - if you'd rather move this post or delete it entirely that's fine.

Many thanks in advance

Peter

You can use a PBL3775 in place. Different manufacturer same part. Check you order the right package type.

Many thanks; still struggling to track either one down from 'standard' electronics places though. The quote I have for the official Martin part is £12.50 + postage from Holland! There must be a supply of them in the UK, surely?

Edit: Aha, just thought of ebay; there's people breaking Mac stuff on there. Let's try them...!

Try giving gary@csrlighting a call, he should be able to help you out with the part relatively cheaply.

You can't get martin spares in the UK they don't really keep stock, and afaik there warehouse in Kent is empty. They keep various bits and bobs, but the majority comes direct from the main warehouse.

Archived