very strange profiles

mini mansell

on my course tonignt the lighting tech showed some new profiles the theatre had just bought.

they give a 90% spread. but get this. the profiles them selves have a 90% bend in the middle so the lamp is reflected of a mirror set at 45 before leaving the lense

I did not catch the make.

very wierd looking though

There is a giant heatsink above the mirror, which gets rid of ALOT of the heat. So much so it allows you to use OHP plastic for home made gobos!

The only thing I don't like about them is the 2 lens being on the same track for focussing, I prefer Size on one and Sharpness / Focus (whatever you want to call them) on another.

Other than that, nice! :D They are unique because there is a whopping 90º version ,and also have a 5.5-15º zoom version, so do both ends of the extreme!

Stu

As the lamp is quite low down convection keeps it (and the holder) nice and cool. The heat sink gets bloody hot and they only sell a guard as an optional extra. :** laughs out loud **:

They're quite nice really, especially the low voltage ones, although some things can be a bit fiddly on them; gate cover etc.

Ike

The heat sink gets bloody hot and they only sell a guard as an optional extra. :** laughs out loud **: 

Could be wrong, but I think the guard is standard now - shame though, stops you from cooking toast on the heat sink!

Andy

Stagetec

I use pacifics a fair bit and have never had one fall over and break, in fact I had one dropped about 2m yesterday and was still fine, what can sometimes happen is the module will be knocked out of place and will stop it working via the micro switch but this is easy to fix and is rare if they are screwed together tight enough

Ben

Actually Robloxly's avantar looks stangley like a Selecton Pasific from that angle

Huh?!

Selecon Pacific

http://www.10outof10.co.uk/acatalog/pacific2350.jpg

Patt.23

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/drama/strand/lanterns/p23.jpg

Think it might be time for a trip to the opticians, Sam ...

Archived