Pyro laws

allymoss

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ally, I've had enough of your pig-headedness. Like I said, I've been working professionally in the theatre industry since you were lying in your cot cr@pping in your nappy, so I think my experience trumps yours by quite some distance. Yet, you seem to display a complete unwillingness to listen to my (and many other) more experienced voices who are giving you good, sound, safe advice, and appear determined to press ahead with this project regardless. So be it - I have no more to say. I only hope that everyone involved comes through it safely.

Note to moderators : yes, this is a rather ill-tempered post and as such might be against what we used to (and might still, in a hollow sort of way) call "the spirit of the Blue Room". Delete it if you must. The OP has clearly made up his mind on this subject, and nothing that anyone posts here is going to influence him in any way, so it's all a bit pointless.

I just watched that video. Quite shocking!

Gareth: I really couldn't care what you say, I am READING and taking in all the advice, although if someone on a public forum, dont use pyros, I am not going to adere to this! I have been told by the organiser, pyros are wanted, check on laws and rules. I did so and people are replying with info on safety which surprisingly enough we know about, some of the posts about safety have been useful but many just trying to mess up my words, by all means delete this post, I have got what I wanted and more I hope someone else found SOME of the info useful rather than trying to point out that the person firing the pyros has not had years of experience! I know you all want the safest option but if we don't start using pyros some time, when will we ever! We don't have the ideal situation of an experienced person here but we are not just putting pyros down, firing them and hoping they don't kill anyone.

As far as im concerned and most of you, this topic is finished, your too busy trying to correct me, advice is all very well, especially on safety, but telling someone not to do it at all? Thats my decision and I asked you for advice, not telling me what to do.

I would like to thank the people who contributed with USEFUL posts

CPlater1, MarkS?, Brian?, Kerry Davies, andy jackson, paulears, frag me

Read it again. He's not criticising you. He's criticising your (proposed) actions. It's not personal.

I must admit, reading your posts, if the event you are talking about had been at my kids' school, I would be very concerned - possibly to the extent of contacting the head and the licensing authorities.

Archived