LightProcessor Dimmer Packs

chappy

we've recently moved into our new build , I'm quite dissapointed to be honest.... £23,000,000 later and all we seem to have is a few more classrooms than before and a lift.... everything else is pretty much the same.... just cleaner...

so anyway... my question... some lightprocessor dimmer packs have been installed....what do you guys think?... personally I prefer the beta pack II's from the old school...

just would like to hear your opinion... good/bad?

cheers

chap

Don't worry. The Lightprocessor dimmers are rather nice. I've got a pile of 6 in a rack, plugged in and never switched off working on a fixed programme and have been doing it for more than 2 years non-stop. Solid as a rock, and in these are paradims - so have nice compact boxes, with rear socapex. I also have some odd Strand Act6 style dimmers badged Lightfactor, that have one row of 15A outlets with a socapex outlet on the front panel.

They have a terrible web presence, but are very easy to talk to on the phone.

We have two (18 and 24 chan) touring dimmer systems from these guys (paradims) with hotpatch and socapex, and although we have alot of dimmer systems from avo through to beta packs these are one of my favs.

Never had any problems with them and they look very neat and tidy. Im not hot on their install kit but if they are anything like the units we have im sure you'll be happy.

We have a whole bunch of the Paradims on our hire stock and have had no problems with any of them. I do know of some other users who have experienced display backlight failures but I haven't encountered that one yet. Useful to have a range of different service plates for the back too.

Steve

thanks for getting back to me....

although now I realise what I didnt metion before.. is that the dimmers that have been installed... are not actually on the website :angry:

and I am unable to get into work untill tomorrow...

I will take down details and let you all know then...

cheers anyway

after looking.... they are lightprocessor dimension dimmer packs...

anyone know of them? they look new and unused... I just cant find them on the website.

Dimension units are current products and the design is only a few years old, very reliable and easy to service, I ran the service department for Lightfactor and Lightprocessor for 2 years and the units are really very good, you should have no problems with them.

Ben

Archived