Shopping trolley disco

Simon MFR

800w amp, wedge speakers, shopping trolley, and no power is what I already have. A generator seems like a practical idea, but the Db output would probably overpower the sound.

One mentioned a car battery and an inverter(?)

Another mentioned a leisure genie (quiet running)

Anyone got any ideas/a small generator they could throw my way? I've got a tiny tiny set that needs filling for just an hour on Saturday and I would really appreciate your help on this one...

How much of the 800w do you really need to use? Are there any other bits, esp lights?

I bought a 1500VA UPS it provides 800watts for about 5 minutes or 400w for about 15 mins. It uses 24v and two truck batteries would extend the time and weight. Also B&Q sell a small genny 1KVA petrol and reasonable for noise for £99 when you want one and £59 later!

I also have a 800watt inverter but it kills car batteries.

boy racer car amplifiers and some car batteries (as many as you can fit, in parallel to make extra certain you don't run out)? mostly car amps are rated at about 2 Ohms remember. You can get 24v inverters that run off truck batteries, probably up to that size. A friend said that he found the price of car inverters rocketed after 700w (what he brought) but Jivemaster seems to have sorted that one.

I dont need to use all the 800w, the speakers aren't rated that high, I'm using them for their size and availability. There are no lights, just me, a trolley, other stuff and probably an MP3 player or something.

Thankyou for the call Jive Master, a pleasant natter indeed....

Im still fretting though...

If you can keep the power within the range of a car audio amp there is no need to ever have 240v on the trolley. Which would be very preferable. Account for a 12v battery giving 10v under load with cable losses, -gives some lee way and easy calcs!

Some of those little sub-1K gensets are really quiet... not like the 2.5KW jobs from the local hire shop. The ickle ones are intended for use with a caravan on a campsite, where a genset would not be a welcome addition...

Archived