DMX Strobe

Brian

WTF - 32A!!!

The Coemar one we used was running off a 13A along with 4 other moving heads and was on the same breaker curcuit as all the other equipment (about 10 other moving heads and hazers and other stuff)

Nick

Too me that just sound wrong!!

Well ok - it wasnt me/us - it was an AMDRAM group who used our theatre but I was helping them rig some of it - I did have my doubts as I stayed well out of the way when they had all the lamps struck for the first time - I dont wanna b the one who has to go through about 50 different breaker pannels in our theatre trying to find which one has popped.

Oh and as it happend the reason they had all the coemar stuff is that the tech director and both lighting techs all work at coemar.

Nick

At the moment I have a Geni Giga Strobe in front of me, its 2.7KW and there is a DMX version available or at least there was a couple of years ago. It will run quite happily of a 13amp supply even at its highest flash rate just as long as the method of protection isnt too fast acting.

• 2 weeks later...
If you were to buy and import, they cost $640 which at todays exchange rate will be around £350, on which you'll pay VAT of £67.20, import duty of £14 and I reckon around £20 carriage. So £451.20.

Archived