Can anyone identify this connector?

A bit of a challenge for you all, especially until I get a picture sorted on Monday or thereabouts. Anyway see how you do anyway. I'm looking for the female version, the body is circular, with the four holes arranged in a square, and a round notch taken out of the circle on a "side" of the square. It's a push fit, with a seperate locking ring over the top, either a trapped standard ring (think locking DIN/3.5mm Screw Jack), or a more cone shaped one which is loose to move on the cable. I'm pretty certain its the same connector as used on the older rackmount size Behringer mixers with the external PSU. So can anyone identify it from that (Brian I'm looking in your direction :angry:), even better can anyone find me ready made leads F-F versions. It's also used on Octopod LED lighting (8 Par 24ish fixtures that daisy chain from a central PSU.

Sounds a bit like a Hirose HS series. Check out RS part number 536-5318.

Pic below is of the 3-pole version, but it comes in various configurations.

http://img-europe.electrocomponents.com/images/R536536-01.jpg

On a random note - that connector looks very similar to the power lead used by smaller Yamaha mixing desks. Yes, bright idea giving it a locking ring so it doesn't get pulled out.

Until of course, something or someone pulls the lead, pulling the desk and some outboard off the back of the desk to floor. I'd rather lose the audio signal for 10secs with a nasty pop than trash a mixer and lose the gig...

Experience of a friend of mine :) watch your cables!

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds a bit like a Hirose HS series. Check out RS part number 536-5318.

Pic below is of the 3-pole version, but it comes in various configurations.

http://img-europe.electrocomponents.com/images/R536536-01.jpg

Probably a moot point, but this connector is (was) the kind used for CB & Ham radio mics...

Archived