Video Delay Question.

pete10uk

Hi

Could anyone help?

I am supplying some video display equipment used in a hospitality tent at a large concert. We will be situated at the rear of the audience (I believe 25,000). we will be supplied a live video only feed of the stage to show in the tent.

I did the same gig last year but by the time the audio from the stage reached the tent, the video didn't look like you were viewing what you were hearing.

What would you suggest to use to delay the video, and roughly sync it with the audio.

Cheers

What would you suggest to use to delay the video, and roughly sync it with the audio.

Is there a possibility of getting the sound people to install a couple of delay speakers in the tent?

Is there a possibility of getting the sound people to install a couple of delay speakers in the tent?
None whatsoever. the politics of working in that environment are ridiculous. They could easily provide us with a live audio feed but there is no way the would do that for piracy purposes.

I need a simple solution to delay the video so that the resident sound sync with the video.

Or maybe putt a delay on the video feed?
I think you are loosing the point of my question.

I know that a video delay is what I need but I would like to be the one to implement it. What would I need to do this is the question.

Thanks for the response though.

I know that a video delay is what I need but I would like to be the one to implement it. What would I need to do this is the question.

Maybe have a look here? If it's equipment you'll be using again, it may be worth buying something. There are quite a few delay units on that page, depending on how much you need to delay the feed will affect the cost...

Then again, none of these may be suitable, or may be too expensive- in that case see Brian's post :)

None whatsoever. the politics of working in that environment are ridiculous. They could easily provide us with a live audio feed but there is no way the would do that for piracy purposes.

Just out of interest, what piracy purposes? Are they afraid you will be recording the whole event under cover (literally) in the tent??!

Apologies for my first post, it was still too early in the day :) and quite clearly I wasn't thinking straight when I suggested delaying the already delayed audio!

Edited to fix quotes

Pete, just remember that you will want a video delay that will cope with a number of frames. You'll need 25 frames of delay for each second that the pictures on the screen were leading the sound. In SDI land we have used these delays: http://www.crystalvision.tv/products/vividhd.html

"Copyright issues" for denying sound feeds to authorised hospitality sounds lame to me. Is it for VIP's or a concession?

Archived