Sound desk movement again

Sav

Hello again! Thanks for the previous responses I have been to the Derngate in Northampton their method of moving sound desks wont work here as we dont have the height. Does anyone know of a system using an I beam and a motor on a trolley?

LnSI mag advertised a desk stand with a quadrant on one side so that a sound desk could be rotated to the vertical for mounting on its case and wheels using only a few poeple.

I think these are sold by TMB - I think they are brilliant- a really simple solution to a problem for venues with nice fla access to the mixing position, but not much use if you have to carry flightcase up or down stairs, or over the backs of fixed seating

Look in the Movie Camera market for rails and trucks. Long travelling shots are sometimes taken from a camera dolly on wheels and rails get custom rails for your custom railway and rip up the track before the customers come in. Or even better get rails installed in the auditorium.

If you want to tip sound consoles in your theatre than an EZ tilt from TMB is the best as it doesn't rely on you lifting the consoles.

If you want to get the console from the stage to the mix position in the auditorium there should be ramped access from backstage to the auditorium (even if via FOH) then all you have to do is roll it into position.

If your venue has a lift and the console will not fit the I beam trolley is a good one and can be installed very cost effectively as long as your roof has a sufficient weight loading to take the possible 300Kg anywhere on the beam. Then all you need is a motorised girder trolley with a half ton motor. If you spray it all black and pull the cable away it can look very neat. However with this method you really it can look neat

Archived