Pyrotechnic Waterfall

peter

... will definately depend on what it is falling on to and for how long.

Le Maitre have 4oz Waterfalls which go in special hanging holders but I think that they will be way way over the top for you.

Alternatively, you could use regular mini gerbs (yes! the 7 sec plug in ones) in hook clamped holders with retaining rings to keep them from falling out.

The big big question still remains what is is going to be falling on to ?

Lincoln

Unfortunatly this is an amateur performance, and they really wanted the sparkley effect of a waterfall, although it sounds like its not going to be possible without custom pyrotechnics, which would be way out of their budget.

Hi,

How about silver glitter dropped from a trough and lit to make it sparkle as it twists and falls? The length of the effect could be regulated by using a snow cloth instead of a trough. I realise its not exactly what you wanted but thought it might be worth mentioning.

Le Maitre do glitter that is about 1" long by .5" wide and meets all the usual fireproofing requirements, I think I paid about £25 for a kilo.

Hope this is of some help,

Ed

I agree with Jivemaster,

Put a thin sheet between the top and bottom part of the stage or object and use a standard data projector playing a looping clip of a waterfall, I have seem this due with before and they also then used flavoured smoke to add to the effect, Plus also they had this great looping music track of the rainforest being played in the background.

This could be done cheaply if you can hire a projector from a local club or school or even find someone who owns one, The hardest part is filling the clip and soundtrack.

Hope it goes well

from

Jambo

I don't think you quite understand what I was after. They wanted a big glittery ending to the production. In the past, they've used gerbs on the stage extension, but the director would really like this effect to come down from above. A couple of small gerbs upside down could do, but I was wondering if there is a particular product which would give us the entire width of the stage.

don't know what the drop you looking for is what about a number of these "PS2 Glitter Cartridge"

http://www.lemaitreltd.com/prostage2/Produ...&idxCategory=21

at stages along the lighting bar? ok its going to cost but its an idea, and they are cold fall out. they do a 5m drop well 5m height so I guess that they will drop a little further.

"something to do with gravity!"

further to Tony's suggestion.

They are propellel with what is the eqivalent power and noise of a medium maroon so be warned and be careful!

If you do go down the nicely lit, silver glitter drop route you could use compressed air units or create a Kabuki type drop for it.

Lincoln

It certainly sounds to me as though a low-tech non-pyrotechnic solution is the answer to this problem - perhaps a glitter drop with some strong side lighting, as mentioned by Lincoln. Some sort of drop box is fairly easy to produce, with a trigger line running to the fly floor or down into a wing - or for a slower release you could use a snow bag.

Personal experience is that pyro and am-dram are never entirely happy partners ...

gerbs are not to be fired downwards!!!!!!!

waterfalls are specialy made, and not just an upside down gerb!!!

maybe like the others have said, find something within budget that is equaly stunning,

you dont have to use pyro's, to give you that wow factor.

vince

Archived