Water in my grid

Ben

a local amateur group (when I was back in newcastle... yon time ago... when I were a lad!) cam into our venue with singing in the rain, and the venue manager at the time put restrictions on the use of water and eventually we had to install a complete water sytemy type thiny and the society ended up paying 50% of the cost to get a permanant full waterproof stage covering put down... in the end costing them and us a lot of money, but now its there its surprising how useful it is with other touring shows and companies.

We at the time saw it as an investment, and in a way it's certainly paid off

HTH

Steve

So that leaves two issues: electrical safety regulations and health hazards.

When is it all supposed to kick off ? Does it fit in the budget ? Is there sufficient know-how available ?

Indeed, it still needs much convincing.

just wanted to add to this that I am in no way saying anything about the compatence or ability of the venue manager to do his job adn there is no way that the colage would alow anything dangerous to be put on in any of the spaces. this was more aimed at trying to find out what otehrs would do in this situation and problems be they leagl or practical that people can se that I amy have missed, one for example that I had not really thought about was the large load that the water would propose I attach to the grid.

I think its time to go back to them and say they need to re think this all, and give me the method statemebts so that can see if this is possible give the lack of time and money

If your worried about the outcome of any potential health and saftey issues, its simply a case of telling them that you are not prepared to take responsibility for the flying of such a system, and therefore unless they find someone who is, and that they can demonstrate they are competent to complete the task, and have worked out the variables and how to actually suspend it (*because water isnt a static weight!*) then they will be unable to produce the effetc and have to find an alternative.

Archived