Lighting Project

Just another thing, If I wanted to get some practical experience of how a live stage/theatre/studio is lit, how do I go about it??

Where abouts in the country are you located and what is your interest? i.e. why do you want to get experience of how a show is lit? If it is as I suspect, that you are interested in pursuing a career in this then quite a few people would I'm sure be happy for you to tag along.

If you are interested in theatre then it might be better to post something separately on here, if it's TV then I suggest you post something on the Society of Television Lighting Directors forum which you can reach through their web site at www.stld.org.uk. I am the webmaster for that site and the forum, so I will make sure the right person sees it!!

Andy Stone

Stagetec

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks alot for your help andystone,

I'm in the Lancashire area in the North West of England. I have more personal interest in the area of TV, I have been to "This is your life" in Manchester, but all the rest I have tried to get tickets for seen to be down in London and its difficult for me to get there.

In terms of my project, I would like to go to both a theatre and a TV studio as I want to see what the differences are between the two.

Once the research section is complete, I hope to produce some sort of demo video attempting to re-create techniques found, and also experimenting with moods, atmospheres and effects. The plan is to show this to a focus group of members of the public and professionals. It would be fantastic if anybody could travel up in April or I could arrange to send copies out only if you provide some feedback!

I have some contacts at Granada in Manchester and YTV in Leeds, plus a few contacts in theatres in the Presont/Blackpool area. I will contact them and see if they would be prepared for you to come along for a day and let you know...

Andy

Stagetec

All of those areas you suggested are easily accessible to me, and sound like fantastic opportunities.

Thanks once again for your continued help

Could anybody suggest any really good examples of certain lighting techniques or moods/atmospheres that can be seen on TV now. I have a few in mind already but would like to get a more experienced/professional view if you know what I mean!

Thankyou everybody!!

All of those areas you suggested are easily accessible to me, and sound like fantastic opportunities.

Lucas,

I have one TV studio and one theatre who are willing to take you a day and one possible. I have PMed you, but you haven't replied, if you are interested can you PM or email your details through to me so I can put you in touch?

Andy Stone

Stagetec

Archived