Speaker Patch Panels

fitsjohn

Hi Folks , hoping you can help me .I am looking to find some premade in/out panels for an amprack I am putting together. XLR in & link out with 4 x seperate 4 pole Speakon sockets out as a guide design. I have seen them somewhere and have tried searches on the net and in forums .Kelsey site is being updated ,Studiospares have only a 12 x speakon panel . Any ideas greatly appreciated. thanks John

Penn Fab manufacture the skeletal panels that you are looking for - 8'D' cutouts for XLRs jacks or anything else in that format, with 4 cutouts for the 'round' 4/8 pin speakon sockets/ AP/EP sockets, et al.

If you have an account with Penn you can order direct, but they are strictly account only. You could try CPC who do a fair bit of Penn Fab hardware. I'm afraid I don't have the current catalogue to hand so I cannot tel you if the specific panel is in there.

A shop that I do a lot of work for is a Penn Fab stockist and will supply mail order. They are Stagebox Music in Blackpool on 01253 620023, ask for Steve or EMail steve@stagebox.com

Peter

Loads of them on Ebay - empty panels, 1/2/3U, with 8 or 12 cutouts per "U" for modular sockets. The 1U ones are about 6 quid. Do a search for "patch panel" in "Musical Instruments> Pro Audio/ Equipment> Rack Gear".

Standard modular XLR or speakon (4 pole) chassis mount connectors will bolt straight in.

I'd go along the Penn Fabrication route.

They do various 19" rack panel combinations. Or the other alternative, is buy a decent reamer, power drill, 19" blank rack panel, and drill all the holes yourself ( this is what I do). I have drill bits for all type of connector, so I only ever by blank panels, which saves a fortune, but the bits are quite expensive. (I worked for a power tool company so got all the bits for free). Do some costings, and work out what is your best approach...

Thanks for the Info Will do that I have some panels, I was curious of a pre- made panel I saw in a rack that had gold writing on it .I thought it was Numark or some similar company that looked impressive and at the time was very cheap . thanks again

Archived