For those of you turned on by nifty gadgets....

Simon Lewis

The Minirator is an affordable, handheld test-tone generator. Coupled with the companion "Minilyser" and/or "Acoustilyser" and you have a very powerful, convenient tool for anybody involved in system setup.

Warning: don't borrow a set to try out unless you want to be writing a cheque soon. They're addictive.

Bob

What cut do you get? Haha

err... none actually - just motivated by an altruistic sharing of knowledge.....

Looks quite a nifty piece of kit actually, luckily I have a full electronics workshop at work so I've more kit than you can shake a stick at.

So have we, but it's somewhat tiresome lugging a Neutrik A2D around in a toolkit..... ;-)

I'm afraid their website fails my acid test by making my computer make a noise without permission.

Not only that, it only starts making the noise after a lengthy loading time for the movie. By that stage I had lost interest and flicked over to another browser window, so it caught me by surprise.

Archived