Free Lighting Software! Latest version of Masterpeace is here.

greenalien

If you've been looking for a software lighting desk to try, I recommend the latest version of the MASTERPEACE PROJECT.

The software is a simulation inspired by Pulsar's classic desk with a very similar name, but with a number of improvements over the original. It uses the cheap Enntec USB DMX interface - or the PRO version - and the website also includes links to a free visualiser that integrates with the desk.

I have no connection with the originator of the software but they've put in a lot of work and the end result looks as if it's going to be worth investing some time in - could also be useful if you want to learn to program the original hardware desk without actually having one - be interesting to see what the rest of you think. :)

Looks well done, however not sure how successful if will be even though it's free. Quite why you would want to emulate this console when there is a multitude of far more powerful software available for free, only use as you suggest would be for someone to learn the console as it's not even useable as an OLE.

I'd tend to agree here. No doubt a really clever piece of kit, but it emulates a control that almost universally gets slagged off because of it's rather quirky method of operation. I not that in alamost every review of the real thing, the people end by saying, probably ok for a disco?

What software is this, as it could get downloaded by me very quickly! :)

Well it entirely depends on the interface you plan on using as the software is pretty useless without it and not all software supports every interface. PC lighting control software has been disscussed on more than one occasion on here so use the search function.

If your still really stuck after a search PM me.

I could imagine it being really easy to use with a good sized touchscreen though, especially if you could control the faders with a cheap midi controller as well. Also you get about double the channels of the biggest masterpiece don't you, which could help if you want to create a bigger masterpiece style solution for not much money?

Ooooooo. As a user of 2 MP's this is very interesting. The biggest flaw with this desk is that it doesn't have LTP. Are they going to sort this out and add it into the software or is it just not possible???

For any queries about this software, contact ManMartin (malaleche@terra.es ) who wrote it. Habla Espanol?!

I've got it working fine under WinXP but it seems to have a display problem with Win MCE 2005 - I'd like to know if anyone else has had a similar problem!

Archived